On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#251 Post by domino harvey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:39 pm

soundchaser wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:54 pm
domino harvey wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:27 pm
I’m glad everyone’s orders finally shipped, but now I don’t know what to bring to the daily prayer circle anymore
The release of California Split?
Good call, I’m prepping a Gwen Welles prayer candle as we speak

nitin

#252 Post by nitin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:11 am

I still haven’t had my order shipped despite placing it in the first hour of the sale!

chatterjees

#253 Post by chatterjees » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 pm

These guys at Powerhouse/Lime Wood can do some unreal things. I actually got my package delivered within 24 hours! How is that even possible? Also, I am speechless regarding the packaging. Amazon or even Arrow should learn from them. I may not have to buy bubble wraps for next few years.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#254 Post by swo17 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Yes, every boxset bubble wrapped, as well as each set of 2-4 singles, overnighted from England in a large, sturdy box. All the more impressive considering they charged me nothing for shipping

TMDaines

#255 Post by TMDaines » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Mine arrived today too. Absolutely mint condition. If only we could get our US Criterion boxsets packaged to the UK like this.

HJackson

#256 Post by HJackson » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:55 am

Has anyone had any luck getting a response from orders@ since the sale began? I’ve now dropped them a second email about my missing Sternberg bundle + Missionary, now missing for a full month, and haven’t had so much as a holding response.

I’ve never been in a position where a trader has taken my money and then simply ignored my emails about missing goods before, so don’t know what my next steps are. These preorders were made months ago so I’m not sure where I stand re: getting my money back from AmEx or PayPal.

KJones77

#257 Post by KJones77 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 am

HJackson wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:55 am
Has anyone had any luck getting a response from orders@ since the sale began? I’ve now dropped them a second email about my missing Sternberg bundle + Missionary, now missing for a full month, and haven’t had so much as a holding response.

I’ve never been in a position where a trader has taken my money and then simply ignored my emails about missing goods before, so don’t know what my next steps are. These preorders were made months ago so I’m not sure where I stand re: getting my money back from AmEx or PayPal.
Try contacting them on Twitter. They have mentioned their massive email backlog before but are more responsive on Twitter hopefully.
Last edited by KJones77 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelB

#258 Post by MichaelB » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

HJackson wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:55 am
What is the exact email that you've been contacting? I only ask because someone in a similar position to you turned out to have been emailing @powerhouse.co.uk instead of @powerhousefilms.co.uk, so his emails were uselessly dissipating into the ether as soon as he pressed Send.
It is extraordinarily unlikely that your emails are being "simply ignored", and I suspect there's a rational explanation. I'll very happily forward something directly if you like.

HJackson

#259 Post by HJackson » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:41 am

I’ve been messaging orders@limewoodmedia.co.uk per the website. Have just checked the inbox of an old e-mail account I’d used to correspond around the time of the Indiactor’s first sale and the address I used then was indeed info@powerhousefilms.co.uk... are these different accounts or do they feed into the same inbox?

Can DM you my order numbers + a contact email if you’re happy to forward them on. Would be much appreciated.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#260 Post by swo17 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am

I got a response not long ago from an email I sent to info@limewoodmedia.co.uk

Supertouch138

#261 Post by Supertouch138 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:53 am

I've also sent a couple emails to orders@limewoodmedia.co.uk with no reply back. First was over 3 weeks ago. Most recent a couple of days ago since a couple items were missing from the first shipment I got. Assume they're just overloaded right now and I'll hear back hopefully in the next week.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#262 Post by Drucker » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:10 pm

In case it applies, remember, that there is tracking on every (international?) order now!

Florinaldo

#263 Post by Florinaldo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am

Indicator is offering an 10 % discount on any order of at least two of their 2019 limited editions releases. This also applies to box sets and to forthcoming titles like the Hammer Vol. 4. Details here: https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/bundle. Offer valid until November 7.

Florinaldo

#264 Post by Florinaldo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:20 am

Does anyone here know if the current 2019 bundle is a single-use offer or if it can be applied to separate orders? I have asked Powerhouse but they have not replied yet.

ETA: Indicator's reply came shortly after I posted my question. There is no usage limit on that bundle.

TwoTecs

#265 Post by TwoTecs » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:45 pm

Has anyone encountered this problem: all of the booklets in the Indicator releases I buy seem to have damage in the exact same spot: at the top and just off centre.

Some people who are involved with the label are here so maybe they could look into it.

Adam X

#266 Post by Adam X » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:23 am

Possibly caused by the case in transit?

Florinaldo

#267 Post by Florinaldo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:06 am

Since the same mark often occurs also at the corresponding point at the bottom of the booklet, I think it may be due to a tight elastic band or other means used to hold together the bundles of booklets when they are shipped from the printer.

It is minor, but noticeable.

TwoTecs

#268 Post by TwoTecs » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Florinaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:06 am
Since the same mark often occurs also at the corresponding point at the bottom of the booklet, I think it may be due to a tight elastic band or other means used to hold together the bundles of booklets when they are shipped from the printer.

It is minor, but noticeable.
You are right. I misremembered that there is damage at the bottom too. And your theory about the cause makes sense. Definitely seems like something that could be fixed with a bit of modification of the process in the supply chain.

There is nothing in the case that would damage the spot its occurring at so I don't think its a transit issue.

dwk

#269 Post by dwk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Extra 10% off for US customers:
THANKSGIVING 2019

To celebrate Thanksgiving, we are offering a 10% discount on our website to our American customers for the next 24 hours. Offer applies to any Indicator edition released prior to November 2019. Just use the code THANKSGIVING at checkout. The code can only be used for one order. Happy Thanksgiving!

We have a free International Tracked Shipping offer for all orders over £200.

Glowingwabbit

#271 Post by Glowingwabbit » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:21 pm

If they are having a flash sale on Friday there are several titles I'd like to get but probably not enough to get free shipping. If anyone in the Boston area wants to do a combined order to get to that 200 GBP free shipping threshold, pm me.

black&huge

#272 Post by black&huge » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:58 pm

Nevermind! *edit

senseabove

#273 Post by senseabove » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Last sale, my shipping for four titles, one box set, and a tote bag was £15.16... I don't recall for certain what effect the box set had on that total, but I don't think it was much.

If one or two other CA Bay Area folks wanna split an order to save $20 bucks, I'd be up for coordinating that, too.

Lars Von Truffaut

#274 Post by Lars Von Truffaut » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:11 pm

And I’d be down to split with any Chicago based folks... [-o<

FigrinDan
The Immortal Dead

#275 Post by FigrinDan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:54 am

SALE, SALE, SALE!!! Runs from noon today to the end of Monday (UK time).

Details HERE!