Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

Orson Kane

Arrow: Limited Availability List

#801 Post by Orson Kane » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:38 am

Could we start a list of Arrow titles which are showing on their website as "limited availability" to allow people who have these on their want lists a chance to snap them up before they go OOP?

I'll start with a few I can see on their website:

THE DAY OF THE JACKAL
LIFEFORCE REMASTERED
THE SENDER
TRAPPED ALIVE
THE GRAND DUEL
SCARED STIFF BLU-RAY
THE IGUANA WITH THE TONGUE OF FIRE
SISTER STREET FIGHTER
BLACK SABBATH
RED SCORPION

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Arrow: Limited Availability List

#802 Post by tenia » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:37 am

As written multiple times on this board, limited availability on Arrow webstore doesnt mean it's close to OOP, but OOS at Arrow. You might miss on the booklet (though you might anyway), but that's it.

Mr Sloane

Re: Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#803 Post by Mr Sloane » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 am

Yeah, many of those are recent releases, so I'm not surprised they are running low on stock with the current BOGOF offer. Little risk of them going OOP, though.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#804 Post by tenia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Most of those aren't even limited releases so except for their booklets, they're not supposed to go OOP anyway.

rapta

#805 Post by rapta » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:05 pm

At this point I think it's absolutely pot luck on the booklets. I just received a copy of Orchestra Rehearsal from Amazon (released last February) and found it still had the booklet. I was anticipating it to be the second Academy title I own missing a booklet, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Meanwhile, I noticed several copies of Horror Express in my local HMV with what could be considered a booklet if you were to weigh it in-hand (or look through the side) but it's actually likely to just be the promotion 10 Year Anniversary booklet. Just to mess with us a little bit more.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#806 Post by tenia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:39 am

Really getting tired by these Amazon price bumps : Weird Science just went from £14.99 to £21.23 !

Boosmahn

#807 Post by Boosmahn » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am

Zavvi has a buy one, get one free sale going on right now.

exidor

#808 Post by exidor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:56 am

Arrow are doing some FrightFest tie-in daily deals this weekend. Three blus a day at £5 each. Yesterday was some giallos, today it's Nightmare City, Eaten Alive and Premonition.

Calvin

#809 Post by Calvin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Godard + Gorin set down to £24.99 at Amazon

Probably doesn't bode well for any future Godard sets from Arrow, but...it's a bargain!

yoloswegmaster

#810 Post by yoloswegmaster » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Arrow is offering a Buy 1, Get 1 Free deal throughout October on their website.

Side note, is this a good deal for Canadians?

stevewhamola

#811 Post by stevewhamola » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:36 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 pm
Arrow is offering a Buy 1, Get 1 Free deal throughout October on their website.

Side note, is this a good deal for Canadians?
I'd say only if you're getting a couple of the more costly boxsets but everything else is bound to be cheaper during the inevitable holiday sale.

Boosmahn

#812 Post by Boosmahn » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 am

This sale also marks the return of the Six Gothic Tales, Female Prisoner Scorpion, and Sartana sets.

Marwood

#813 Post by Marwood » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16 am

The shipping to Scandinavia has gone up from a couple of pounds to eight pounds. So not really worth it for us scandies anymore.

Adam X

#814 Post by Adam X » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:14 am

That’s because they decided to only ship internationally with tracking.

Is it just me, or do all these reissued ‘standard edition’ box sets Arrow’ve been producing lately just serve to further muddy the “does this still come with a booklet?” waters. I won’t be surprised if in a few years time, they no longer include a physical booklet with the majority of their releases. I mean, given the ongoing underprinting, it’s almost that way now.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#815 Post by tenia » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:51 am

They said the underprinting was temporary, though consumers obviously have no way to verify this.
I personally don't understand why they bother printing booklets these months. With all the hassle they most likely got from old consumers vs. what little extra sales or revenues they're generating, I would have switched them to online and BD-ROM only at least a year ago.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#816 Post by swo17 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:22 am

Too bad this sale doesn't apply to Second Run titles

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#817 Post by mfunk9786 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am

mfunk9786 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:19 pm
A bunch of (all?) Arrow films are $3.99 to purchase in HD on iTunes - the few I spot-checked don't appear to play nice with MoviesAnywhere, but still a pretty fantastic deal!
This sale is occurring again, for around a dozen titles (the link above still works). $3.99 is a pretty killer price.

Pepsi

#818 Post by Pepsi » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:47 am

I don't like it at all. Arrow has changed the shipping to Europe to 8 £ (last month 1.85£), and now also Indicator charges 8,13£ for shipping to Europe. So all the effort from the customer to buy direct from the supplier has gon waste. So the only options seems to be Amazon.uk, Base.uk and some others. I tough that non UK customers was valued customers, and a quite a big group in the total sales.

I hope Arrow rethink this.

TMDaines

#819 Post by TMDaines » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:05 am

What are you advocating exactly? That Arrow and Indicator should subsidise shipping abroad, at the expense of their budget for extras or the packaging they use, or alternatively making domestic customers pick up a share of these costs?

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#820 Post by tenia » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:19 pm

To be fair, an expected incentive to buy direct is to offer at least equivalent prices than retailers like Amazon. While I now long understood Amazon is wronging the idea of the right price for consumers, I can understand how most consumers would find paying more when going direct can be seen as both a turnoff but also a surprise (since you'd expect a retailer to charge its own margin, something you'd save when going direct like you would with, say, food).

nitin

#821 Post by nitin » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:30 pm

TMDaines wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:05 am
What are you advocating exactly? That Arrow and Indicator should subsidise shipping abroad, at the expense of their budget for extras or the packaging they use, or alternatively making domestic customers pick up a share of these costs?
I understand the desire to offer (costly) tracked international shipping only, but at least have a free shipping threshold for larger orders that almost every direct store does. Indicators’ very high (200 GBP) but at least it still exists!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#822 Post by tenia » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Eureka offering free shipping for a decade might also have created an idea it is feasible for UK labels to offer this. I don't know how Eureka are doing so, but I doubt they have a specificity that Arrow or Powerhouse couldn't replicate.

rapta

#823 Post by rapta » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:36 pm

HMV/Fopp holding yet another 2 for £15 offer on Arrow Academy and Arrow Video titles. I managed to get The Big Clock, Hold Back the Dawn, Crime and Punishment and The Running Man today for £30 all-in. Frustratingly they also had Sixteen Candles and Weird Science in the offer, both of which I already bought for (almost) full price.

They also had BFI titles back in the offer and had added Comes a Horseman which came out just over a month ago, much to my annoyance (I also bought that full price). Guess I'm gonna hold back on Arrow and BFI pre-orders in the new year if this is the current trend! Still, can't complain too much as I got the above titles for great prices. Plan on going back tomorrow to get Demonlover and A Kid for Two Farthings.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#824 Post by swo17 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Unless you want booklets!

rapta

#825 Post by rapta » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:08 pm

swo17 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 pm
Unless you want booklets!
All four of the 2 for £15 titles I got came with booklets, and the copies of Sixteen Candles and Weird Science I found both had slipcovers (and presumably, booklets). I feel like they're winding us up with all this limited booklet stuff. After all, I managed to find Horror Express with the booklet in the last 'BOGOF' offer at HMV despite buying it in their previous sale with no booklet. It's a mess.