47 Insomnia

Discuss releases by Criterion and the films on them. Threads may contain spoilers!
tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: 47 Insomnia

#26 Post by tenia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 am

Dr. Svet Atanasov wrote:There is only one standard audio track on this Blu-ray release: Norwegian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (with some portions of Swedish).
But indeed, the listing on the test formular is wrong.

flyonthewall2983

#27 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:59 am

Watched this for the first time last night. As pointed out already there were things in Nolan's remake that improved upon this, but maybe more in the original that were better. That the boyfriend was more of a horndog than an abusive creep was one, I kind of felt for the guy when he was maintaining his innocence. The dude in Nolan's movie just felt like someone out of central casting, probably a cast-off from Dawson's Creek or something. On the other hand, in Nolan's version I liked Maura Tierney much better as the hotel manager.
colinr0380 wrote:I'm not sure if I should post this as it is just a silly linkage but I really like the way that you have the detective from the original acting with the killer from the remake in Good Will Hunting - and they play friends! It is the little connections like this that make me glad to be a film fan!
I'm like this with just about everything be it movies, music or even pro wrestling. Who worked with who on this and something else, etc. I remember being this way even before the internet when I'd read the newspaper's TV guide every week.

Did Skarsgård work at all with Michael Nyqvist? Reading your comment brought that to mind since he was in Fincher's remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

FrauBlucher

#28 Post by FrauBlucher » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Therewolf

#29 Post by Therewolf » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 am

Unlike other dual-to-single-format reissues, the new Insomnia case says "second printing." Any ideas why?

colinr0380

#30 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:40 pm

A nice tribute to all the pensive looks that Stellan Skarsgård makes throughout Insomnia in this Are Sounds Electrik music video. Spoilers abound of course!