Upcoming Movies on TV (UK)

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
colinr0380

Re: Upcoming Movies on TV (UK)

#926 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:02 pm

E4 has just trailed that they will be showing the latest Star Trek series, Star Trek: Discovery from the beginning from Sunday 15th December. I have been following along with the Red Letter Media recaps of the series so far, so my expectations have been adjusted accordingly. But I cannot resist anything with Michelle Yeoh in it!

jlnight

#927 Post by jlnight » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:39 am

Haunters of the Deep, Sat 14th Dec, London Live. (previously on Talking Pictures).
Animal Farm, Sat 14th Dec, Film4.
Captured, Sat 14th Dec, Talking Pictures.
The Lost Continent, Sat 14th Dec, Talking Pictures. Also late Wed 25th Dec.
The Nanny, Sat 14th Dec, Talking Pictures. Also Wed 18th Dec.

Hide and Seek (1972), Sun 15th Dec, London Live.

Una, Mon 16th Dec, Film4.

A Fantastic Woman, late Tue 17th Dec, Film4.

Hampstead, Wed 18th Dec, Film4.

Peeping Tom, Fri 20th Dec, Talking Pictures. Also Sat 28th Dec.

Mr. Deltoid

#928 Post by Mr. Deltoid » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:28 am

Should be getting the full Christmas schedules next week when the Radio Times Xmas issue 'drops'. I still buy it (and circle listings with my yellow-highlighter!) but there seems to be less and less that catches my eye each year, especially since the BBC have more or less stopped programming their once-regular mini 'themed' seasons of films they used to weave, tinsel-like, through the schedules. Once upon a time it wasn't that unusual for BBC2 to put on a Chaplin or Capra season (though I imagine It's A Wonderful Life will be wheeled-out once more), or a series of late-night Val Lewton or Film Noir. I think my favourite season was back in 1997 when BBC2 programmed a '50's Sci-Fi season, showing stuff like the Amazing Colossal Man and Terror From the Year 5000. Anyway, we shall see.

On a side note, I happened to catch an episode of Rick Stein's Secret France the week before last and was surprised to see him talk about Claude Chabrol's Le Boucher, even visiting the village of Tremolat where the film was shot. He talks about Chabrol staying in the village whilst shooting the film and visits the hotel where the director and his wife, Stephane Audran, stayed. On iPlayer if anyone's interested!

colinr0380

#929 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Next week is pretty much all Star Wars themed. ITV1 is showing Rogue One for the first time at 7.30 p.m. on Saturday 14th, then repeating it at 10.15 p.m. the next day. Not to be outdone BBC4 have a Star Wars-themed documentary night on Monday 16th with Toy Empire: The British Force Behind Star Wars Toys at 9 p.m. and then a 90 minute documentary about Elstree Studios at 9.30 p.m., the studio that was 'built by Star Wars'.

The other big film is Logan on Channel 4 at 9.10 p.m. on Satuday 14th (so clashing with Rogue One). Also on Saturday at 10.50 p.m. Film4 are showing Pyewacket.

BBC2 has Borg vs McEnroe at 9 p.m. on Sunday, which again clashes with Rogue One being repeated on ITV1 and perhaps more importantly both of those clash with the finale of His Dark Materials over on BBC1 at 9 p.m. The first episode of Star Trek: Discovery is at 8 p.m. on E4.

As jlnight says Una is on Film4 at 11.30 p.m. on Monday 16th and A Fantastic Woman at 1.10 a.m. in the early hours of Wednesday 18th. Film4 also has Hampstead at 9 p.m. on Wednesday 18th.

Film4 has a couple of repeats of note with Holy Motors at 1.35 a.m. on Monday 16th, but perhaps more importantly also as noted by jlnight Film4 have a rare repeat of the 1954 Halas and Batchelor animated version of Animal Farm at 11 a.m. on Saturday 14th.
Last edited by colinr0380 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlnight

#930 Post by jlnight » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:55 am

Pop Pirates, starts Sat 21st Dec, London Live. (Previously on Talking Pictures).
Pool of London, Sat 21st Dec, Talking Pictures. Also Fri 27th Dec.

Kid From Canada (1958), starts Sun 22nd Dec, London Live.

The Manchurian Candidate (1962), late Mon 23rd Dec, BBC2.

Are You Being Served?, Wed 25th Dec, Talking Pictures.
Dying of the Light, starts Wed 25th Dec, London Live.

Mystify: Michael Hutchence, Sat 28th Dec, BBC2.

How to Talk to Girls at Parties, Sun 29th Dec, Film4.

The Apartment (followed by Some Like it Hot), Mon 30th Dec, BBC2.

colinr0380

#931 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm

It feels a little lacklustre on the television for new things over the Christmas fortnight, but there are quite a lot of repeats of already aired things. The only subtitled 'world cinema' film showing at all is a repeat of The Raid 2, tucked away on Film4 at 1 a.m. on Saturday 28th. It also feels like a 'venerable luvvie actress' Christmas, with BBC4 devoting the entire night of Saturday 21st to Judi Dench, with a repeat of that Nothing Like A Dame programme along with Mrs Brown and Philomena. The other BBC channels seem to pick up on this trend and has late night screenings of seemingly every recent film with the words "lady" "old" and "van" in it: The Lady In The Van at 10.45 p.m. on Monday 23rd (just before The Manchurian Candidate, which is really the most notable classic film showing over the fortnight) and My Old Lady at 12.35 a.m. on Boxing Day.

Premiere-wise BBC2 is showing Newsies: The Broadway Musical at 9.50 a.m. on Saturday 21st (which is the recent theatrical version of the 1992 film that starred Christian Bale and directed by Kenny Ortega the year before Hocus Pocus and a decade before he helmed the High School Musical series). You would be forgiven for thinking that Disney bought the BBC as well as Fox recently as every other premiere on the main BBC1 channel is Disney in nature: the 2017 Beauty and the Beast remake at 5.30 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Moana at 1 p.m. and Finding Dory just after the Queen's Speech at 3.10 p.m. on Christmas Day, Alice Through The Looking Glass at 6 p.m. on Saturday 28th and the 2016 remake of Pete's Dragon at 11 a.m. on New Year's Day. The only non-Disney things are The Boss Baby at 1.50 p.m. and Paddington 2 at 7.20 p.m., both on Boxing Day.

(On that note, I had to smile at the way that the BBC's computer generated hard of hearing subtitles on its Media Review of the Year programme on their news channel just recently auto-translated someone saying "Now is the winter of our discontent" into "Now is the winter of our Disney content"! That is too perfect to have just been accidental!)

Joan Collins and Pauline Collins (no relation) star with Franco Nero(!) in The Time of Their Lives on Channel 5 at 4.10 p.m. on Monday 23rd, and the 2017 Power Rangers film is showing on Channel 5 at 4 p.m. on Sunday 29th.

The films I'm probably most interested in over Christmas are: The Limehouse Golem at 9.30 p.m. on Friday 27th. Along with the film already noted by jlnight, the Neil Gaiman adaptation How To Talk To Girls At Parties on Film4 at 11.45 p.m. on Sunday 29th amusingly double billed with a repeat of the 2013 Under The Skin film! (though it does worryingly look like the punk-inflected remake of Morons From Outer Space!)

Though that is not the only Neil Gaiman adaptation over Christmas as at 4 p.m. on Christmas Day BBC Radio 4 has the half hour programme Neil Gaiman's "Chivalry", which gets this bizarre write up in the Radio Times:
The Radio Times wrote:Actor-turned-politician-turned-actor Glenda Jackson stars here as Mrs Whitaker, an elderly woman who picks up an interesting knick-knack in Oxfam - the Holy Grail. Soon a virtuous knight (Game of Thrones' Kit Harrington) arrives to claim it, but Mrs Whitaker won't give up her prize that easily.
Oo-er missus indeed!

And the 2015 US remake of Secret In Their Eyes is pretty much the biggest traditional drama film of the fortnight, showing on Channel 5 at 10 p.m. on Monday 30th. Making it pretty much a Nicole Kidman Christmas! Though Tom Cruise might have something to say about that, with Mission: Impossible - Fallout showing at 9 p.m. on New Year's Day.

__

TV programme-wise, Guy Pearce is Scrooge in the gritty, Peaky Blinders-inflected version of A Christmas Carol, in three parts on BBC1 between Sunday 22nd (just after the last episode of His Dark Materials) and Christmas Eve.

There is an hour long profile of Hugh Grant going through his career on BBC2 at 9 p.m. on Monday 23rd, probably to coincide with all the Paddington 2 love-in going on. But it does allow me to quote that classic Simpsons joke:
The Simpsons wrote:Hollywood tour guide: And if you look on this side of the bus here's the location where Hugh Grant...
Marge: (excitedly) Ew!
Tour Guide: ...made the movie Nine Months
Marge: (disgusted) Eeeew!
The most interesting programme of the fortnight is the period set adaptation of MR James' Martin's Close with Peter Capaldi, at 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve. That is written by Mark Gatiss, who also helms the other big Christmas event, the three part Dracula adaptation, on BBC1 at 9 p.m. in three parts from New Year's Day to Friday 3rd. Gatiss is also doing a documentary about Bram Stoker, In Search of Dracula on BBC2 on Friday 3rd just after the last episode.

BBC4 is showing the first two episodes of Norwegian crime drama Wisting, with Carrie-Anne Moss from 9 pm. on Saturday 28th. That clashes up against Mystify, a documentary about Michael Hutchence, at 9.20 on BBC2.

Oh and capping off the trifecta of disturbing CGI creations in the same year as Sonic and Cats, the BBC has a new version of Worzel Gummidge, based on an old 1979 television series which nobody seemed to ask for a remake of and which looks set to haunt my nightmares for the foreseeable future. Or at least until more Cats footage gets released.
Last edited by colinr0380 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

colinr0380

#932 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:34 pm

By the way, that Elstree Star Wars documentary was pretty good and very down to earth in showing how all of the now iconic props and costumes were scavenged together on a tight budget during various trips to stores around London! Roger Christian (better known for his director's credits later on) was the surprise star name willing to talk in detail about his experiences as set designer on Star Wars (and its strange crew connections to Stanley Donen's Lucky Lady!), whilst the final section really focuses on Nick Maley as the special make up effects creator behind Yoda. Though when they were running through Maley's roles and going around exhibitions of his work in the Caribbean where he lives I was really hoping that they would mention that he also worked on Satan's Slave and Inseminoid! All the way up to the amazing zombies in Tobe Hooper's LifeForce! (By the way if you want more of Maley talking about his career he gets an entire commentary track to himself on the US Shout Factory and UK Arrow editions of LifeForce)

jlnight

#933 Post by jlnight » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:18 am

The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, Tue 31st Dec, Talking Pictures. Also Sat 4th Jan.

Timepiece (short), Thu 2nd Jan, Talking Pictures.
Queen of the Desert, Thu 2nd Jan, Sony Movies.
Operation Avalanche, late Thu 2nd Jan, BBC2.

Symptoms, starts Fri 3rd Jan, London Live. (First time since 1989).

The Man From Nowhere, Sat 4th Jan, London Live.

Mystery on Bird Island, Sun 5th Jan, London Live.

colinr0380

#934 Post by colinr0380 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:25 pm

On Channel 4 on Saturday 4th at 9 p.m. is the Charlize Theron starring Atomic Blonde, though it does clash with the fun John Carpenter-inspired Canadian horror The Void at 10.50 p.m. on the Horror channel, which I wrote up with spoilers here. Its fine although not quite in the Panos Cosmatos league.

BBC2 has repeats of Our Little Sister and Mustang in the early hours of Sunday and Monday respectively, but by far the most exciting programme of the week has to be the Leonardo DiCaprio produced documentary Jonestown: Terror In The Jungle, which on imdb is a four part series but which is showing on BBC4 in two 80 minute episodes on Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th from 9 p.m.

colinr0380

#935 Post by colinr0380 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 am

Very strange to find out that Paddington 2 is a kind of remake of Dogville in some moments!

jlnight

#936 Post by jlnight » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Baby Driver, starts Fri 10th Jan, Sony Movies. Or...
Maeve, starts Fri 10th Jan, London Live. (First time since 1983).

Warlords of Atlantis, Sat 11th Jan, Talking Pictures. Also Thu 16th Jan.
Alien: Covenant, Sat 11th Jan, Channel 4.

Our Exploits at West Poley, Sun 12th Jan, London Live.

jlnight

#937 Post by jlnight » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm

Sony Movies Classic (Freeview 50) apparently launches on Tue 7th January. Includes the following:

The French Lieutenant's Woman, Tue 7th Jan.
The Wild One, Thu 9th Jan.
The Lady From Shanghai, Thu 9th Jan.
Suddenly, Last Summer, Thu 9th Jan.
Killers of Kilimanjaro, Sat 11th Jan.
Duck Soup, Sun 12th Jan.
Son of Paleface, Sun 12th Jan.
Play Misty for Me, Sun 12th Jan.
The Big Heat, Tue 14th Jan.

Repeated no doubt throughout the week(s).

Alphonse Tram

#938 Post by Alphonse Tram » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:40 pm

jlnight wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Sony Movies Classic (Freeview 50) apparently launches on Tue 7th January. Includes the following:

The French Lieutenant's Woman, Tue 7th Jan.
The Wild One, Thu 9th Jan.
The Lady From Shanghai, Thu 9th Jan.
Suddenly, Last Summer, Thu 9th Jan.
Killers of Kilimanjaro, Sat 11th Jan.
Duck Soup, Sun 12th Jan.
Son of Paleface, Sun 12th Jan.
Play Misty for Me, Sun 12th Jan.
The Big Heat, Tue 14th Jan.

Repeated no doubt throughout the week(s).
It's already started, though they still have it labeled as Sony Christmas on Virgin. Looking at the listings for the next couple of weeks, it's a really great mix of films. If only it was HD!

jlnight

#939 Post by jlnight » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:17 am

Silent Scream (1990), starts Fri 17th Jan, London Live. (First time since 1992 I think).

Skid Kids, Sat 18th Jan, London Live.
Personal Services, Sat 18th Jan, Talking Pictures. Also Wed 22nd Jan.

Supersonic Saucer, Sun 19th Jan, London Live.
The Color of Money, Sun 19th Jan, Sony Movies Classic.

The Fisher King, Wed 22nd Jan, Sony Movies Classic.

Separate Tables, Thu 23rd Jan, Sony Movies Classic.

reaky

#940 Post by reaky » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:59 am

Between them, Talking Pictures TV and Sony Movies Classic are airing quite a chunk of the Indicator catalogue.

colinr0380

#941 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Rather quiet next week, with the big film being Michael Fassbender and Marion Cottilard in the adaptation of Assassin's Creed, based on the video game, on Channel 4 at 9 p.m. on Saturday 18th. Well that and Smurfs: The Lost Village on Channel 5 on Sunday 19th at 1.40 p.m.!

I forgot to note this adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Good Omens that started on BBC2 last night, which apparently has Frances McDormand, John Hamm and Miranda Richardson somewhere in there! Which I seem to remember was in the news a little while back as the series that people upset about the irreverent use of the religious themes protested against Netflix for producing, without realising it was an Amazon show! (I wonder if Netflix forwarded the hate mail on?)

But the most exciting programme of the week has to be BBC4's long overdue return to 'slow television' with All Aboard! New Zealand by Rail, Sea and Land, which is showing on Sunday 19th at 8 p.m. and running for two and a half hours.

However while there is not too much new of note, there are lots of worthwhile repeats: Birdman is on BBC2 at 11 p.m. on Saturday 18th (or later, and potentially cancelled, since it is following the snooker), Son of Saul is on BBC2 at 11 p.m. on Sunday 19th (or later, and potentially cancelled, since it is following the snooker final), Suntan is on Film4 at 1 a.m. on Monday 20th, Boyhood is on Film4 at 1 a.m. on Wednesday 22nd, Young Adult is on Film4 at 1.15 a.m. on Thursday 23rd and Lady Macbeth is on BBC2 at 11.45 p.m. on Friday 24th.

But my pick of the bunch is a really rare repeat of Darren Aronofsky's debut feature Pi on Film4 at 12.20 a.m. late Friday 24th (just after a repeat of Michael Mann's Heat). Along with Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy, I have a sneaking suspicion that Pi had just as much of an influence on the recent Joker film.
Last edited by colinr0380 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

jlnight

#942 Post by jlnight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:35 am

Anchoress, Fri 24th Jan, London Live.

Tightrope to Terror (1982), Sat 25th Jan, London Live.
Man of Aran, Sat 25th Jan, Talking Pictures. Also Wed 29th Jan.

What Next? (1974), Sun 26th Jan, London Live.
Nothing But the Night, Sun 26th Jan, Talking Pictures.

My Stepmother is an Alien, Wed 29th Jan, Sony Movies Classic.
Daphne, Wed 29th Jan, Film4.

First Men in the Moon, Thu 30th Jan, Sony Movies Classic.
Earth Girls are Easy, Thu 30th Jan, Sony Movies Classic.
Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Thu 30th Jan, Sony Movies Classic.
Snowpiercer, Thu 30th Jan, Film4.

colinr0380

#943 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 pm

(By the way Christopher Nolan's Interstellar is getting its premiere tomorrow, the 24th, but tucked away on the Sony Movies channel. Hopefully it might get a broadcast on one of the main channels sooner or later)

It's pretty good next week. jlnight has already noted the biggest film of the week with Bong Joon-ho's Snowpiercer showing on Film4 at 9 p.m. on Thursday 30th, and has also noted Daphne also on Film4 at 10.50 p.m. on Wednesday 29th. We are also getting a belated premiere of the 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film on Film4 at 9 p.m. on Tuesday 28th, which is weird because Film4 just showed the sequel twice this week! The other big film premiere is Wonder with Julia Roberts on Channel 4 at 4.25 p.m. on Sunday 26th.

Two things clash in the schedules on Monday night: BBC4 has the documentary Human Nature in its Storyville strand at 9 p.m., whilst on BBC2 at 9 p.m. is The Windemere Children followed by a documentary about it on BBC4 at 10.30 p.m.

But most exciting is that (unfortunately clashing with Snowpiercer on Film4 at the same time) BBC4 are starting a five part series, Life Cinematic, featuring interviews with directors about their cinematic influences at 9 p.m. on Thursday 30th. The first episode is Sam Mendes talking about "Blue Velvet, Taxi Driver, Lost in Translation and The Social Network, amongst others", followed by a repeat of Revolutionary Road. Edgar Wright is the focus of the second episode. And Sam Taylor-Johnson (director of Fifty Shades of Grey) has also been named as taking part.

Also I wanted to note that a few classic films are getting repeats on Film4 after a while of not being shown: Waterloo Road with John Mills and Alastair Sim is on Monday 27th at 3 p.m., Nazi interment camp drama Two Thousand Women at 1 p.m. on Wednesday 29th and most excitingly Esther Waters with Dirk Bogarde at 12.40 p.m. on Thursday 30th.

colinr0380

#944 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Just trailed as upcoming on Film4: Lowlife on Saturday 1st, and An Elephant Sitting Still on Monday 3rd.

jlnight

#945 Post by jlnight » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:16 am

Tom Jones, starts Fri 31st Jan, Sony Movies Classic.
Melancholia (1989), Fri 31st Jan, London Live. (First time since 1990).

Operation Third Form, Sat 1st Feb, London Live.
Frantz, Sat 1st Feb, BBC4.

Rockets in the Dunes, Sun 2nd Feb, London Live.
I'll Never Forget What's 'Isname, Sun 2nd Feb, Sony Movies Classic. (Possibly the first time since 1987).

Wind River, Wed 5th Feb, Film4.

colinr0380

#946 Post by colinr0380 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:09 pm

It is really great next week with the premieres of An Elephant Sitting Still on Film4 at 12.05 a.m. in the early hours of Tuesday 4th and as noted by jlnight the François Ozon film Frantz on BBC4 at 11.35 p.m. on Saturday 1st, in a weird coincidence(?) showing at the same time that Artificial Eye releases Ozon's latest film By The Grace of God on DVD only. The only problem is that unfortunately Frantz does clash with the premiere of Lowlife on Film4 at the same time.

Channel 4 is showing Hidden Figures at 9 p.m. on Saturday 1st, kind of turning this into an Octavia Spencer week with the premiere of Snowpiercer this coming Thursday. And BBC2 has the premiere of the third film in that unofficial trilogy of weirdly wonkily Second World War nostalgic 2016 updates of classic films (along with Swallows & Amazons and Dad's Army) with Whisky Galore! at 6 p.m., also on Saturday 1st.

Repeat-wise, I'm most interested in the Roy Ward Baker film The Weaker Sex on Film4 at 3.10 p.m. on Wednesday 5th. I have just noted that this and Two Thousand Women, also on Film4 this week, both star a young just after Went The Day Well-era Thora Hird! The Weaker Sex even features her later Last of the Summer Wine co-star Bill Owen (aka Compo) too!

colinr0380

#947 Post by colinr0380 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Oh, and I don't know if this is a positive thing or not, but WWE wrestling is coming back to the Free-to-air UK television channels for the first time in almost thirty years with Channel 5 airing a WWE: Raw episode on Sunday mornings at 10.30 a.m. from this Sunday. I might busy myself with BBC4's two hour life drawing class programme instead on Tuesday 4th from 8 p.m., which seems as if it would be more of my pace! (However a life drawing class featuring wrestlers posing in mid-movement might be a fun mash up of the two!)
Last edited by colinr0380 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

jlnight

#948 Post by jlnight » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:23 pm

Loaded (1996), Fri 7th Feb, London Live.
To the Devil a Daughter, Fri 7th Feb, Talking Pictures. Also Tue 11th Feb.

Go Kart Go (1964), Sat 8th Feb, London Live.
Danger on Dartmoor (1980), Sat 8th Feb, Talking Pictures.
City Under the Sea, Sat 8th Feb, Talking Pictures. Also Wed 12th Feb.
Jasper Jones, Sat 8th Feb, London Live.
The Other Side of Hope, Sat 8th Feb, BBC4.

4D Special Agents, Sun 9th Feb, London Live.

A Taxi Driver (2017), late Thu 13th Feb, Film4.

colinr0380

#949 Post by colinr0380 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:54 am

And the Kevin Macdonald documentary about Whitney Huston, Whitney is on Channel 4 at 9 p.m. on Saturday 8th.

colinr0380

#950 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Excellent for world cinema next week with as jlnight has noted Aki Kaurismäki's film The Other Side of Hope on BBC4 on Saturday 8th at 11.40 p.m. and especially exciting is the premiere of A Taxi Driver sarring Bong Joon-ho's regular actor Song Kang-ho (and Thomas Krestchmann! Who I still most associate with Dario Argento's The Stendhal Syndrome (and *ahem* Dracula 3D, where he played Dracula!) but who was also recently in the BBC's The Windemere Children film too) on Film4 at 1.20 a.m. in the early hours of Friday 14th.

The other big premieres are the first showing of British film Beast on Film4 at 9 p.m. on Friday 14th (the perfect film for Valentine's Day!). Also the apparently very condensed film version of Stephen King's The Dark Tower is showing on Channel 5 at 9 p.m. on Saturday 8th and BBC4's Storyville series continues with Advocate: A Lawyer Without Borders at 10 p.m. on Monday 10th about the Israeli lawyer defending Palestinian clients arrested protesting the Occupation.

I'm assuming that this is tying in with the Oscars over the weekend but along with A Taxi Driver Film4 is also doing a very rare repeat (I think the first since it was premiered around 2002) of Renee Zellweger film A Price Above Rubies at 1.40 a.m. in the early hours of Wednesday 12th. Snowpiercer and You Were Never Really Here are showing on Monday evening, and Mistress America is being repeated at 1 a.m. on Thursday 13th (in a double bill with Reservoir Dogs).