143 Resurrected

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

MichaelB

143 Resurrected

#1 Post by MichaelB » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:10 am

RESURRECTED
(Paul Greengrass, 1989)
Release date: 27 January 2020
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)

Pre-order here.

The extraordinary feature film debut from Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, United 93) is a disturbing and powerful true story of a British soldier (David Thewlis - Naked) injured and lost during the 1980s Falklands conflict. Presumed dead, he’s given full military honours; but on returning he’s treated with distrust and shame, and accused of desertion.

Also featuring excellent performances from Rita Tushingham (A Taste of Honey, Doctor Zhivago) and Tom Bell (The L-Shaped Room, The Krays), Resurrected is an intense and provocative drama, a powerful cry against institutional violence and political indifference.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Paul Greengrass on ‘Resurrected’ (2011, 19 mins): archival interview in which the director discusses the origins and creation of the film
• David Thewlis on ‘Resurrected’ (2011, 17 mins): archival interview in which the actor examines the process of playing the lead role
• Filming the Unthinkable (2020, 5 mins): new interview with iconic British actor Rita Tushingham
• The IWM Oral History with Philip Williams (1992, 67 mins): archival audio recording, made by the Imperial War Museum, featuring the real-life inspiration for Resurrected recalling his experiences in the Falklands War
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: publicity and promotional material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Julian Petley, Paul Greengrass and screenwriter Martin Allen on Resurrected, extracts from an archival interview with Philip Williams, an overview of critical responses, and film credits
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited edition of 3,000 copies

#PHILTD143
BBFC cert: 15
REGION FREE
EAN: 5060697920031

NABOB OF NOWHERE

Re: 143 Resurrected

#2 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:21 am

This was the first film I ever worked on after Film school and hired by the producers Adrian Hughes and Tara Prem . I remember freezing on the Yorkshire moors and eating the worst Pizza in the world in Huddersfield. Other than that Tom Bell was a really nice bloke and I got to meet Brian Glover Tara's husband and work later with Ivan Strasburg the DP. I am available for interviews if you want to top up your extras.

MichaelB

#3 Post by MichaelB » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:02 pm

MichaelB

#4 Post by MichaelB » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm