We Are the Flesh

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

Ribs

We Are the Flesh

#1 Post by Ribs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am

A visionary and bizarre slice of Mexican arthouse cinema, We Are The Flesh is an extraordinary and unsettling film experience, a sexually charged and nightmarish journey into an otherworldly dimension of carnal desire and excess, as well as a powerful allegory on the corrupting power of human desire.

A young brother and sister, roaming an apocalyptic city, take refuge in the dilapidated lair of a strange hermit. He puts them to work building a bizarre cavernous structure, where he acts out his insane and depraved fantasies. Trapped in this maddening womb-like world under his malign influence, they find themselves sinking into the realms of dark and forbidden behaviour.

Mixing the graphic, powerful imagery of Gaspar Noe’s Love and Enter The Void with the surreal, hallucinatory impact of Alejandro Jodorowsky, We Are The Flesh is a bizarre, psychedelic head trip, mixing intense, outrageously explicit imagery with a profound allegory on the nature of existence, to make this an unforgettable, boundary-pushing experience unlike anything you’ve ever seen.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original 5.1 and stereo audio options
  • Optional English subtitles
  • New interviews with director Emiliano Rocha Minter and actors Noé Hernández, María Evoli and Diego Gamaliel
  • New video appreciation by critic Virginie Sélavy
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Anton Bitel, and a note from the producer on the film.

PoutMontag

Re: We Are the Flesh

#2 Post by PoutMontag » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:41 am

Really looking forward to seeing this. Is it getting much of a cinema run? I can't find it listed anywhere.

barryconvex
billy..biff..scooter....tommy

#3 Post by barryconvex » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:28 am

This plays like a rich film school kid's idea of subversiveness. Irredeemably awful.

rapta

#4 Post by rapta » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Lucky I didn't blind-buy this as I also didn't enjoy it whatsoever.

Not that it's a film to be 'enjoyed', so to speak. But yeah, barely any redeeming features in my opinion.