TV Awards

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Matt

TV Awards

#1 Post by Matt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Screen Actors Guild 2013 Nominations

Best TV Ensemble, Drama: Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Homeland, Mad Men

Best TV Ensemble, Comedy: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, Nurse Jackie, The Office

Best TV Actor, Drama: Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire; Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad; Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom; Jon Hamm, Mad Men; Damian Lewis, Homeland

Best TV Actress, Drama: Claire Danes, Homeland; Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey; Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Asylum; Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife; Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Best TV Actor, Comedy: Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock; Ty Burrell, Modern Family; Louis CK, Louie
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory; Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family

Best TV Actress, Comedy; Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie; Tina Fey, 30 Rock; Amy Poehler, Parks & Recreation; Sofia Vergara, Modern Family; Betty White, Hot in Cleveland

Best Actor, Made for TV Movie/Miniseries: Kevin Costner, Hatfields & McCoys; Woody Harrelson, Game Change; Ed Harris, Game Change; Clive Owen, Hemingway & Gelhorn; Bill Paxton, Hatfields & McCoys

Best Actress, Made for TV Movie/Miniseries: Nicole Kidman, Hemingway & Gelhorn; Julianne Moore, Game Change; Charlotte Rampling, Restless; Sigourney Weaver, Political Animals; Alfre Woodard, Steel Magnolias
Golden Globes 2013 Nominations

Series, Drama: "Boardwalk Empire," "Breaking Bad," "Downton Abbey," "Homeland," "The Newsroom."

Actor, Drama: Steve Buscemi, "Boardwalk Empire"; Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"; Jeff Daniels, "The Newsroom"; Jon Hamm, "Mad Men"; Damian Lewis, "Homeland."

Actress, Drama: Connie Britton, "Nashville"; Glenn Close, "Damages"; Claire Danes, "Homeland"; Michelle Dockery, "Downton Abbey"; Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife."

Series, Musical or Comedy: "The Big Bang Theory," "Episodes," "Girls," "Modern Family," "Smash."

Actress, Musical or Comedy: Zooey Deschanel, "New Girl"; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"; Lena Dunham, "Girls"; Tina Fey, "30 Rock"; Amy Poehler, "Parks and Recreation."

Actor, Musical or Comedy: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"; Don Cheadle, "House of Lies"; Louis C.K. "Louie", Matt LeBlanc, "Episodes"; Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory."

Miniseries or Movie: "Game Change," "The Girl," "Hatfields & McCoys," "The Hour," "Political Animals."

Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Nicole Kidman, "Hemingway & Gellhorn"; Jessica Lange, "American Horror Story: Asylum"; Sienna Miller, "The Girl"; Julianne Moore, "Game Change"; Sigourney Weaver, "Political Animals."

Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Kevin Costner, "Hatfields & McCoys"; Benedict Cumberbatch, "Sherlock (Masterpiece)"; Woody Harrelson, "Game Change"; Toby Jones, "The Girl"; Clive Owen, "Hemingway & Gellhorn."

Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Hayden Panettiere, "Nashville"; Archie Panjabi, "The Good Wife"; Sarah Paulson, "Game Change"; Maggie Smith, "Downton Abbey"; Sofia Vergara, "Modern Family."

Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Max Greenfield, "New Girl"; Ed Harris, "Game Change"; Danny Huston, "Magic City"; Mandy Patinkin, "Homeland"; Eric Stonestreet, "Modern Family."

Matt

Re: TV Awards

#2 Post by Matt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm

So, the Globes gives Mad Men Best Drama three times and then this year (arguably the show's best season yet) it's not even nominated? But The Newsroom is?

And "Smash" but not "Louie," Parks & Rec," or even "30 Rock?" It's like they're not even playing by their own ridiculous rules.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#3 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 pm

The only person on earth that thought The Newsroom was better than Mad Men this year is domino harvey - the fix is in at the Globes

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#4 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 pm

I told them "Give me this, and you can nominate Nicole Kidman for the Paperboy"

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#5 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Emmy Nominations announced

Some disappointments-- Enlightened for Best Actress and Guest Star only, the Americans for Guest Star only, nothing for Justified or Happy Endings-- and some highlights-- I'm still not a Breaking Bad fan but nominating the actor behind the best character on the show, Jonathan Banks, was a great call, as was Emilia Clarke's nomination for Game of Thrones. And of course they nominated that episode for Best Writing, to the surprise of no one!

Matt

#6 Post by Matt » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm

How does Parker Posey not get nominated for Oustanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her stint as Liz on "Louie?" Of all the snubs this year, that one seems criminal. The episodes she was in got writing and directing noms.

TomReagan
Prince of Trades

#7 Post by TomReagan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 pm

I know everyone has their own personal favorites, but I'm stunned that both Hannibal and The Americans were virtual shut-outs. They were by far the most assured and accomplished first seasons I've seen in a long while, and both deserved more recognition.

* Edited to note that Rectify deserved some lovin' as well.

knives

#8 Post by knives » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:33 pm

TomReagan wrote:I know everyone has their own personal favorites, but I'm stunned that both Hannibal and The Americans were virtual shut-outs. They were by far the most assured and accomplished first seasons I've seen in a long while, and both deserved more recognition..
It would have been nice to at least seen Peter Medak get a nomination.

Luke M

#9 Post by Luke M » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't think there were any huge snubs. You can make an argument for a few here or there but overall the Emmy nominations are spot on. If only the Academy came so close to getting it right.

flyonthewall2983

#10 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Grammys, too.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#11 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Bob Newhart just won his first Emmy, which is good, even if it was for the Big Bang Theory