Game of Thrones

Discuss TV shows old and new.
barryconvex

Re: Game of Thrones

#451 Post by barryconvex » Mon May 27, 2019 4:44 am

You make a solid argument for all your points but i disagree about Jon Snow who lost much much more than any other survivor. I know he was reluctant but the guy was a king and i'd bet good money that if he had the chance to do things differently he'd explore some other options. And it's not just his prestige that's gone-his heritage, his country, his adopted family, his title, his home and he has to live out his days knowing he betrayed both of the women who genuinely loved him-the last women he'll ever be that intimate with if he's to adhere to the night's watch regulations. Maybe he'll achieve some kind of peace over time but in the immediate aftermath he lost everything a man can lose except his sword and pet wolf.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#452 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 am

In WTF news, Lena Headey was nominated for an Emmy for this season (one of ten acting nominations the show received for its worst season-- makes sense). She was living the ultimate life for the whole of season eight: getting paid millions to just look out a window and now getting nominated for same!

Roscoe

#453 Post by Roscoe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:38 am

Agreed about Lena Headey, who is expected to do nothing more than ooze stately malevolence for way too much of her screen time. She does it very well, to be fair. I'm more mystified by Kit Harington's Best Actor nomination, while Peter Dinklage still gets shunted off to Best Supporting Actor, after having been the heart soul and brains of that series for the entirety of its run.

On the other hand, I'm glad not to have to root for Dinklage against Bob Odenkirk, whose work in the magnficent BETTER CALL SAUL has been appallingly and predictably unrewarded. Thus far.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#454 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:17 pm

The bolder and more correct move would have been to nominate no one from this show for any acting award

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#455 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:43 pm

At least they also finally nominated the Good Place and Schitt’s Creek for Best Comedy, though