Top Gear/The Grand Tour

Discuss TV shows old and new.
flyonthewall2983

Re: Top Gear/The Grand Tour

#151 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:48 pm

The most recent episode, "The Survival of the Fattest", tops even the Columbia special from earlier in the season and ranks up there with the best stuff the three ever did on TG. Given the environment of the Mongolian deserts and forests they trundled through, there was less opportunity for the kind of put-on material they are infamous for, and you get more a real sense of the guys eking by.

If this is just a taste of what's to come next year and from now on, I think it will be worth the wait.

TMDaines

#152 Post by TMDaines » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm

I think the latest series has been the best that they have ever done. Way more killer, less filler. Just a focus on specials, featurettes and challenges.

The final episode of the series was a bit naughty, but I saw the bluff coming. Good that they are finally ditching the studio and just focussing on what people really tune in for.

flyonthewall2983

#153 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:08 am

Back in Vietnam and back on bikes...

I am now giddy with anticipation for S4

flyonthewall2983

#154 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:54 pm

TMDaines wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm
The final episode of the series was a bit naughty, but I saw the bluff coming.
I just watched it and found the end of the episode very moving, seeing Jeremy get that emotional was a surprise. The studio/tent format had it's positives and there are things that I'll miss (especially them reviewing car-related products as potential Christmas gifts), but this new direction, on top of being ideal for me as a viewer is sorely needed.