Bill Douglas Trilogy

Discuss releases by the BFI and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Calvin

Re: Bill Douglas Trilogy

#76 Post by Calvin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 am

djvaso

#77 Post by djvaso » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Is the only difference to the previous release added DVD copy? The new release doesn't contain two Blu-rays as Blu-ray.com stated, does it?

MichaelB

#78 Post by MichaelB » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:56 pm

If they haven't reauthored any of the discs, I'm guessing it's a three-disc set with an identical BD and DVD of the Trilogy itself plus the supplementary DVD of the extras. I can't imagine why it would have two BDs.

bottled spider

#79 Post by bottled spider » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Has anyone encountered problems with the subtitles on the DVD? My own set works fine, but I bought this for my parents and they tell me they can't get the subtitles. They're in Britain and I'm not, so I can't troubleshoot for them. The only suggestion I could offer them was to try two different ways of accessing the subtitles, through the disc's setup menu, and via whatever buttons they have on their remote.

They do have a technical guru who visits them periodically to assist them with computer problems. So he'll be able to tell if it really is a faulty disc or just something they're doing wrong. And from there I can get the disc replaced if necessary. But in the meantime I just wanted to check if there was a known issue.

Stefan Andersson

#80 Post by Stefan Andersson » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:16 pm