Rome, Open City

Discuss releases by the BFI and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Calvin

Rome, Open City

#1 Post by Calvin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 am

The BFI have confirmed on Twitter that they'll be releasing Roberto Rossellini's Rome, Open City on Blu-Ray. The new 4K restoration will be showing in select UK cinemas from March 7th.

ellipsis7

Re: Rome, Open City

#2 Post by ellipsis7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:23 pm

I was just thinking that might happen earlier today... Really fantastic news... The new resto is indeed in 4K and it will screen in this resolution at BFI Southbank, other cinemas including IFI Dublin will apparently be showing it in 2K, I guess down to digital projection facilities at the various venues... I wish also for a restored PAISA on BluRay, but probably in vain given the reported state of the materials...

fatboyslim142

#3 Post by fatboyslim142 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:31 pm

That means I can get rid of my Arrow films DVD of the film.

When will the Blu-ray release happen?

rockysds

#4 Post by rockysds » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Box-set announced for March 23rd.
ROSSELLINI: THE WAR TRILOGY (Limited Edition numbered blu-ray box set)
A film by Roberto Rossellini

Available for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, these stunning films by master filmmaker Roberto Rossellini are all undisputed classics of World Cinema.

This limited edition Blu-ray box set includes Rossellini's celebrated War Trilogy, made during and immediately after World War II - Rome, Open City, Paisà and Germany Year Zero - as well as his controversial 1948 film L'Amore starring Anna Magnani and Federico Fellini. These are the films that established Roberto Rossellini as one of the most important and influential filmmakers of all time.

All of the films in this strictly limited Blu-ray box set (of 3000 numbered units) have been restored in 4K

Special features

Restored versions of
Rome,Open City
Paisà
Germany Year Zero
L'Amore
Booklet with film notes and complete credits
Other extras TBC