Samuel Fuller

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.
perkizitore

Re: Samuel Fuller

#26 Post by perkizitore » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Park Row was rumoured to be coming from Criterion, this is so wrong.

Cold Bishop

#27 Post by Cold Bishop » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:41 am

zedz

#28 Post by zedz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Murdoch wrote:I hope someone outside the states gives it a proper release, that's just fucking wrong.
Just noticed this thread hadn't been updated since MoC announced they were doing this very thing.

Also, in vaguely Fuller-related news, the recent Can box set, 'The Lost Tapes' includes 'Dead Pigeon Suite', (much) more of the music the band composed for Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street. As far as I know, only the magnificent 'Vitamin C' was released at the time, on Ege Bamyasi. This track is more of the long, wide-ranging jam from which that pop gem was extricated.

Askew

#29 Post by Askew » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Sam's daughter has a Kickstarter project right now to make a tribute film of her father. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120 ... uller-life" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

repeat

#30 Post by repeat » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:12 am

Doesn't seem to be mentioned here yet - Underworld USA will be released in France on October 3rd! \:D/

It's a Wild Side release, but seems like it will be available exclusively through Fnac - Wild Side have a web page for it, but couldn't find a way to order it directly.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#31 Post by tenia » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 am

repeat wrote:It's a Wild Side release, but seems like it will be available exclusively through Fnac - Wild Side have a web page for it, but couldn't find a way to order it directly.
The collection Les Introuvables has been exclusive to FNAC a couple of years, but the deal was made so that Les Introuvables are highlighted in the stores.
However, you can indeed order them through Wild Side web site, but it doesn't allow you to pre order it, that's why you won't be able to put the title in your basket.

If you want to order it from them (I think they ship to the USA, but I'm not sure of this), you will have to wait until it is released in 2 weeks.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#32 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:54 am

repeat wrote:Doesn't seem to be mentioned here yet - Underworld USA will be released in France on October 3rd! \:D/

It's a Wild Side release, but seems like it will be available exclusively through Fnac - Wild Side have a web page for it, but couldn't find a way to order it directly.
Also best to check before buying as Wild Side have a preponderance for non-removable subs. It's also on the Region 1 box set isn't it?

repeat

#33 Post by repeat » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 am

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:It's also on the Region 1 box set isn't it?
Shit, I didn't even know about this set!! Apparently it hasn't been deemed worthy of discussion on the forum - thanks for the heads up! I'm getting that, no question

Forrest Taft

#34 Post by Forrest Taft » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Just realized that Fuller's TV-movie Day of Reckoning came out on DVD in 2005. It's part of a TV-series called Chillers, hosted by Anthony Perkins. For those interested, you can get it when you buy the entire series, or this volume containing only four of the episodes. The DVDs are now out of print, but you can still get copies at fairly reasonable prices.

matrixschmatrix

#35 Post by matrixschmatrix » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

It looks as though the Fuller one is in volume 2, actually

Forrest Taft

#36 Post by Forrest Taft » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Yeah, I edited my post. Don't know why I initially linked to Volume 3...

dwk

#37 Post by dwk » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Hard Case Crime is going to publish one of Fuller's novels
Oh, some very, very cool projects. The legendary film director Samuel Fuller wrote a novel at the end of his life that has never been published in English – we’re finally giving it its first.

lacritfan
Life is one big kevyip

#38 Post by lacritfan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Any L.A./SoCal fans of Fuller make some time between 10/23 - 10/30 to see A Fuller Life at the Laemmle North Hollywood.
You can even enter a sweepstakes to visit his "writing shack".

longstone

#39 Post by longstone » Tue May 24, 2016 12:02 pm

A Fuller Life is now available on DVD from here http://chrisamfilms.com/ . I enjoyed it, some amazing home movie clips are included in the film.

ando
Bringing Out El Duende

#40 Post by ando » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:22 am

Excellent write up of the Film Foundation's Fuller Box Set. Borrowed Underworld U.S.A. and must have the set now.