Stand up and be counted again: the Future List Projects Survey II

An ongoing project to survey the best films of individual decades, genres, and filmmakers.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Stand up and be counted again: the Future List Projects Survey II

#1 Post by domino harvey » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 pm

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED II: STIRBA - WEREWOLF BITCH

Here we are again, with more possibilities for future List Projects. As a reminder, the following have already been confirmed and/or scheduled and are thus not part of the survey:

SCHEDULED

Hollywood Pre-Code
Screwball Comedies
Woody Allen Auteur List

ALREADY CONFIRMED FUTURE MINI-LISTS

Best Picture Nominees (1928-1968)
Best Picture Winners (all years)
Czechoslovak New Wave
First Features (Best debut feature-length films)

ALREADY CONFIRMED FUTURE FULL LISTS
Horror (redux)
Musicals (redux)
Sci-Fi

ALREADY CONFIRMED FUTURE AUTEUR LISTS
Rainer Werner Fassbinder
Howard Hawks
Akira Kurosawa

I will be taking the top THREE highest placing results for Auteur Lists and adding them to the queue. You may vote for as many or as few options as you like. Since we already have such a huge backlog, expect this to be it for voting/suggesting new lists for at least 18 months.

Note: You may vote ‘Yes” to both options on the Cesar Award question, I will look at results overall before making a decision. Option one would be a full mini-list with a ballot submitted of overall ranked films and tallied and presented as a final list. Option two would be an ongoing, open thread with discussion in the List Projects subforum with no deadline or submitted lists ala the Alternate Best Picture and Best Director threads. Option three would be non merci to either

Question four asks you if the planned redux lists of Horror and Musicals should occur concurrent with other non-decade lists, or whether they should receive their own dedicated time slot without other mini-list and Auteur Lists going on.

Please note that I have asked for your username on the survey— this is only to ensure that participants are not voting more than once and are holding themselves accountable for their votes. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE, PUBLICLY OR PRIVATELY. It is only for my eyes. Consider it as sacred as a PM to me. I will not harangue you on the board if you don’t end up participating in a list you said you support, and vice versa. This is solely for me to know who’s voted and to make sure one member, one vote

The survey shouldn’t take too long to fill out— maybe a few minutes. I will leave the survey running for the entire month of August and will collect results and announce the next couple lists based on the findings.

If you have any questions, please PM me or ask them publicly here

PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT SURVEY BY AUGUST 31
SURVEY CLOSED, RESULTS HERE

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Stand up and be counted again: the Future List Projects Survey II

#2 Post by domino harvey » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Just a reminder that voting closes next Friday. Be sure to vote, because I did some rough planning and after these choices are put in the mix, we're set for a few years into the future, so it's unlikely for there to be any more opportunities to have your voice heard for at least a couple years after this!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Stand up and be counted again: the Future List Projects Survey II

#3 Post by domino harvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:23 pm

One more day to vote. Some of the Auteur totals are very, very close. One director is all but guaranteed to make it based on numbers so far, but there's a good four more fighting out for those last two spots and within one vote of clinching it. In the event of a tie, I will find room for more than three total Auteur Lists, but only if it happens