Criterion Collection Store

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
colinr0380

Re: Criterion Collection Store

#726 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 pm

teddyleevin wrote:It's my birthday on 3/3 so I got myself three films all with three syllable titles:
By the way, happy birthday teddyleevin!

Lars Von Truffaut

#727 Post by Lars Von Truffaut » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Minkin wrote:Calm down, its not a flash sale.

But for those, like me, who've written off Barnes & Noble and their death of any kind of coupon that can be used towards Criterions - you're probably likely to turn to the biannual Criterion.com flash sales for your purchases. Thus:

If you buy a Criterion.com gift certificate from now until the end of the year - you get double loyalty points on that gift certificate purchase. So its money you'll spend anyway in the future + you get an additional 10% back out of it (its about the same as a B&N 20% off coupon).
Thanks in part to Mr. Minkin, I was able to get quite a haul during this flash sale. (And I'm within another $10 of my next $50 rewards certificate.) I salute you!

FrauBlucher

#728 Post by FrauBlucher » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 pm

My baggu has arrived with a couple of blurays.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#729 Post by domino harvey » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Those Blu-rays were only thrown in to protect your Baggu during shipping

FrauBlucher

#730 Post by FrauBlucher » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:39 pm

What's cool is that baggu can become a shirto if you open the bottom.

What A Disgrace

#731 Post by What A Disgrace » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 pm

I wound up upgrading more old DVDs to Blu-ray than I did buying new discs (only ten), and as a result I actually have *more* shelf space after this sale.

Minkin

#733 Post by Minkin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm

domino harvey wrote:
domino harvey wrote:
domino harvey wrote:Just a reminder that given the past couple of years, it's very likely there will be another half off sale at the Criterion Store in the coming weeks
I'll fill in for Domino this time, since he's met his quote within quote (don't make me say quote-ception) limit in phpBB

Browsing the Criterion store, there's a few new things:

Posters available for The Lure + Marseille Trilogy

Criterion / Janus pullover sweatshirts for the ladies

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World is still available on Dual Format on Criterion's website - whereas its now in separate editions everywhere else.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#734 Post by domino harvey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Disappointed you failed to take the opportunity to use "quote-a"

headacheboy

#735 Post by headacheboy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 am

We can now add Barry Lyndon and Fire Walk With Me to our carts, but Fire Walk With Me is already on backorder. Throw it in your cart and it seems the order can't be filled until 3 November. I'm guessing the October sale is happening tomorrow, perhaps? (I've never been right yet about this but that doesn't seem to deter me from guessing anyhow).

Luke M

#736 Post by Luke M » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm

I don't get paid until next Thursday. Criterion needs to wait a week.

headacheboy

#737 Post by headacheboy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Luke M wrote:I don't get paid until next Thursday. Criterion needs to wait a week.
I was wrong, so my perfect record of always being incorrect still stands. I know nothing about how stock is filled, plus I was excited to see that Barry Lyndon was considered in stock ahead of the 17 October date, so I blurted out "Thursday!"

ShellOilJunior

#738 Post by ShellOilJunior » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm

headacheboy wrote:We can now add Barry Lyndon and Fire Walk With Me to our carts, but Fire Walk With Me is already on backorder. Throw it in your cart and it seems the order can't be filled until 3 November. I'm guessing the October sale is happening tomorrow, perhaps? (I've never been right yet about this but that doesn't seem to deter me from guessing anyhow).
My guess is announcements today, sale Monday. Criterion did the same thing last October with announcements earlier than the 15th (the 14th) and sale on the 17th.

headacheboy

#739 Post by headacheboy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Breath easily everyone, Fire Walk With Me is now available to load into the cart.

Lowry_Sam

#740 Post by Lowry_Sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 am

I tried to put some titles in my cart, but they keep disappearing & my basket ends up empty when I add something new. Anyone else have this problem?

headacheboy

#741 Post by headacheboy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Lowry_Sam wrote:I tried to put some titles in my cart, but they keep disappearing & my basket ends up empty when I add something new. Anyone else have this problem?
I don't believe you can store titles in Criterion's cart.

Ribs

#742 Post by Ribs » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am

Some people are again "confirming" the sale by claiming they've somehow received confirmation (as happened last time, too) but the site's been updated to have 3-day shipping instead of next day which is as sure a thing as anything that it'll begin this afternoon.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#743 Post by Drucker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am

Can confirm sale is today at noon, and if you pre-ordered Barry Lyndon or Fire Walk With Me (as I did) you got a $12 credit.

Email I got last night.
You ordered BARRY LYNDON and/or TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME before everyone else. We noticed.

Get this, our 24-hour flash sale starts tomorrow, Tuesday 10/17 at noon Eastern Time, and all in-stock Blu-rays and DVDs will be 50% off the suggested retail price (SRP.)

We wanted you to know because tomorrow is also the release date of BARRY LYNDON and TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME, and as one of the dedicated customers who placed a preorder, we didn’t want you to miss out on the savings. You can use your credit during the sale tomorrow, or at any time in the future.

So set your alarms and alerts and check out criterion.com at noon ET tomorrow, October 17th, for the code.

Happy shopping,

The Orders Team

Ribs

#744 Post by Ribs » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am

...just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order the titles direct from Criterion, considering there's usually an October sale anyway?

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#745 Post by mfunk9786 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 am

Ribs wrote:...just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order the titles direct from Criterion, considering there's usually an October sale anyway?
Loyal customer, dedicated purchaser of Criterion titles from the source, great guy, excellent haircut

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#746 Post by Drucker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 am

Ribs wrote:...just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order the titles direct from Criterion, considering there's usually an October sale anyway?
I was about 55 points away from loyalty reward. Paid a little extra upfront for one of my favorite movies, got $50 credit plus this extra promo, so three of the movies I buy today will be free. Good deal to me.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#747 Post by swo17 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am

This is a common mental accounting fallacy--I can't believe Criterion is rewarding you for it!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#748 Post by tenia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am

swo17 wrote:This is a common mental accounting fallacy--I can't believe Criterion is rewarding you for it!
Of course they would reward them, this way next year, these customers will make the wrong choice again !

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#749 Post by swo17 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:28 am

But why are they punishing me for being patient and responsible? I still give them hundreds of dollars a year!

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#750 Post by Drucker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am

Seriously god bless those of you that are always finding the lowest deals on every site, but it's not something I feel like giving that much thought to. I like buying direct from companies, I hate shopping on Amazon, and so it goes.