Forthcoming Lists Discussion and Random Speculation Vol.3

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
SpiderBaby

Re: Forthcoming Lists Discussion and Random Speculation Vol.

#2951 Post by SpiderBaby » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:49 pm

bainbridgezu wrote: That large mass on the far left might actually be the Crash I mentioned earlier: I can make out five distinct wheels, meaning it's not just a large vehicle like a truck or bus.
Semi crashed into a school bus with kid on the ground = Out of the Blue. PLEASE let that be it.

duck duck

#2952 Post by duck duck » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:53 pm

I can't figure out how to post an image with my outline out the samurai, but we have yet to get to get a double clue let alone four that build into one I just thought it was funny, not an actual clue.

I actually was guessing the thing on the left was a rock. As in finally Picnic At Hanging Rock.....

Minkin

#2953 Post by Minkin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:06 am

duck duck wrote:I can't figure out how to post it but the bikes make the body, on the right side the mirrors stick out further and almost connect of an elongated black thing. If you take the bike's visor as a mouth there are dots to make eyes and the sign becomes a helmet.
I think I see it.

bainbridgezu

#2954 Post by bainbridgezu » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:42 am

Final thoughts before the big reveal tomorrow (and before I become John Travolta in Blow Out):

There are at least four individual cars (plus whatever that big mess on the left is): I wonder if one of them has a bomb in the trunk (Touch of Evil)?
*CG* wrote:Semi crashed into a school bus with kid on the ground = Out of the Blue. PLEASE let that be it.
I could easily see this being the bus from Out of the Blue (and hope that it is: few films have such lingering power); however, if that horizontal object next to it is a figure, I wonder if it could be Sleeping Beauty? MPI is releasing House of Pleasures and I always figured that Criterion would handle at least one of those titles to make an easy buck off the art-spank crowd.

Aside: I'm not making a judgment on these films, as I haven't seen either of them (I'm actually keen to see both), all I'm saying is that Criterion is ultimately a business--and that the infamous (and overrated) In the Realm of the Senses was granted a blu ray release, while its superior companion, Empire of Passion, was relegated to DVD (presumably due to a poverty of on-screen semen).

Finally, ever since the new deal with Paramount was announced, I've been hoping that a certain famous red rain coat would make its way into a clue; perhaps Criterion removed the coloring from the copy they sent to Ryan & friends (it would be too obvious, even at this size and resolution). If not, let's hope for a wackydwarf.jpeg in an upcoming newsletter!

SpiderBaby

#2955 Post by SpiderBaby » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:47 am

bainbridgezu wrote: I could easily see this being the bus from Out of the Blue (and hope that it is: few films have such lingering power);
I never thought a blurry image would have me so excited. Trying to believe it's something else so I won't get my hopes up.

Jeff

#2956 Post by Jeff » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 am

Time for a new thread.