perkizitore

Re: MoC Facebook & Twitter

#76 Post by perkizitore » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 am

:-$

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#77 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:28 am

MoC wrote:A report from a supporter "I've contacted/complained to @Phaidon directly. Their response was quick and dismissive, as though they have been fielding a lot of these kinds of calls... ...We might be wearing them down!

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#78 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:10 pm

I have sent an e-mail threatening to kill myself. That'll show 'em

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#79 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 pm

I think we should all mail in printouts of Nabob's new avatar.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#80 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:48 pm

swo17 wrote:I think we should all mail in printouts of Nabob's new avatar.
With a WALL OF SOUND!

RossyG

#81 Post by RossyG » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Blimey! Hair Bear's let himself go. :D

Duncan Hopper

#82 Post by Duncan Hopper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:33 am

On Twitter:
We're just one of hundreds of independent labels who have lost all their stock in the Sony DADC fire at Enfield. Shocking.
Just one of many bad news stories, I fear we will have more of the same again tonight.
Last edited by Duncan Hopper on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

perkizitore

#83 Post by perkizitore » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:41 am

Will any titles go OOP because of this? You don't reprint some titles that don't sell well, so i am bit concerned.

Duncan Hopper

#84 Post by Duncan Hopper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:56 am

However! The best place to still purchase our titles is Amazon or Eureka direct, who both still have plenty of stock

peerpee
not perpee

#85 Post by peerpee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:59 am

We don't think this is going to be a massive problem. A few titles may be not available for a few weeks, but everything will be back in print as soon as possible!

One upshot of this, is that we'll be fast-tracking new Dual Format editions of most of our Blu-ray only releases.

MichaelB

#86 Post by MichaelB » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:01 am

perkizitore wrote:Will any titles go OOP because of this? You don't reprint some titles that don't sell well, so i am bit concerned.
I've confirmed with one of my BFI contacts that the fire only affected stock, not masters. Obviously, it's too early to say what the long-term outcome will be, though I assume it's covered by insurance.

ellipsis7

#87 Post by ellipsis7 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 am

peerpee wrote: One upshot of this, is that we'll be fast-tracking new Dual Format editions of most of our Blu-ray only releases.
Might you also do the reverse, bump up the likes of IL GRIDO & LA NOTTE to dual format editions too?...

peerpee
not perpee

#88 Post by peerpee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 am

That's not very easy though if we don't have suitable HD masters yet. For the pre-existing separate editions, it's just a matter of fusing them together with new sleeves.

Askew

#89 Post by Askew » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 am

Is it possible for you to put out duel format releases of things like Sunrise or City Girl that have individual dvd and bluray releases?

HJackson

#90 Post by HJackson » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am

Askew wrote:Is it possible for you to put out duel format releases of things like Sunrise or City Girl that have individual dvd and bluray releases?
I believe that is what he means. As far as I'm aware, Masters of Cinema don't have any truly Bluray exclusives at the moment (at least not until Touch of Evil and Silent Running come out). Hopefully Amazon will reduce the price of all the current Blurays soon, like they did with the BFI stock.

MichaelB

#91 Post by MichaelB » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 am

The warehouse fire story has made the national press.

Roger Ryan

#92 Post by Roger Ryan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:09 am

MichaelB wrote:The warehouse fire story has made the national press.
"All our stock was there - more than 300 titles in our catalogue," said Jonathan Rushton, head of publicity at Artificial Eye, which has critical hits like Winter's Bone, Of Gods and Men and Andrei Tarkovsky's Three Colours trilogy in its back catalogue.

Hmm?

MichaelB

#93 Post by MichaelB » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am

Is it really worth flagging up such an obvious typo? Especially as it makes no difference whatsoever to the point of the piece?

Der Spieler

#94 Post by Der Spieler » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 am

MichaelB wrote:Is it really worth flagging up such an obvious typo? Especially as it makes no difference whatsoever to the point of the piece?
Well it might not be worth contacting the journalist about, but it's certainly funny, especially when the information is available in one Google click. A lot of stuff in articles is not essential to the big picture, but still, God is in the detail!

triodelover

#95 Post by triodelover » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 am

Der Spieler wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Is it really worth flagging up such an obvious typo? Especially as it makes no difference whatsoever to the point of the piece?
Well it might not be worth contacting the journalist about, but it's certainly funny, especially when the information is available in one Google click. A lot of stuff in articles is not essential to the big picture, but still, God is in the detail!
Fixed, FWIW. Considering everyone there has their hands full dealing with issues somewhat more important that correct attribution of films a decade and a half old, we could cut them some slack.

Roger Ryan

#96 Post by Roger Ryan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 pm

It was not my intention to demean the effect of the fire at the Sony warehouse nor wag a finger at journalists who are attempting to cover the rioting; the error simply made me smile for a moment while reading the glum news. I apologize if the flagging was offensive.

TMDaines

#97 Post by TMDaines » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 am

peerpee wrote:We don't think this is going to be a massive problem. A few titles may be not available for a few weeks, but everything will be back in print as soon as possible!

One upshot of this, is that we'll be fast-tracking new Dual Format editions of most of our Blu-ray only releases.
But you're not doing any work right now, yes?

I for one would like to buy a dual, non-steelbook, Metropolis.

eerik

#98 Post by eerik » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:44 am

Steve_Hills:

Unfortunately we've had to close the Blu-ray page of our sale due to lack of stock in the office. Amazon have a good stock holding ATM.

Still loads of Out Of Print (OOP) stock and our August new releases available for pre-order http://t.co/UQDjjNV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All remaining Ltd Ed. HUMAN CENTIPEDE, METROPOLIS & SHOGUN ASSASSIN steelbks were lost in SONY fire. So if you own one they're now more ltd

MichaelB

#99 Post by MichaelB » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 am

Yes, presumably genuinely OOP stock wasn't being stored there, on the grounds that it was no longer sellable.

willoneill

#100 Post by willoneill » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 am

MichaelB wrote:Yes, presumably genuinely OOP stock wasn't being stored there, on the grounds that it was no longer sellable.
That seems to be the case, as they took donw their blu-ray sale page (due to low stock), but kept up the new release and out of print sale pages.